Lecture: Design Basics Review
Contrast | Repetition | Alignment | Proximity
- Contrast Color, size, shape, font, texture are all elements that can have contrast.
- Repetition Repeating certain elements lends a sense of consistency and unity.
- Alignment content is often all laid out on a grid
- Proximity Items that are grouped together—proximal—appear to be related.
- Restoring Default Preferences - Press and hold Shift + Alt + Control (Windows) or Shift + Option + Command (Mac) immediately after launching Photoshop.
- "Command or Control 0" set the window to fit to screen and "Command option 0 or Control Alt 0" sets the window to 100%
- Setting up a two button mouse for Mac OSX
- Tab to hide Palettes
- "Control Tab" allows you to cycle through open documents
- Rullers and Guides.
- Setting Rulers
- Photoshop CS4 Help.
Lesson 6: Correcting and Enhancing Digital Photos
- Processing camera raw files
- Reducing noise
- Defining a perspective grid
Lesson 4: Layers
• Basic types of layers: background, image, text
• Transparency (transparent pixels)
• Opacity (semi-transparency of pixels)
• Stacking orders of layers
• Layer sets
• Visible layers and hidden layers
• Active (selected) layers and inactive layers
• Blending mode by layer
• Opacity by layer
• Blending mode by effect
• Opacity by effect
• Blending mode by tool
• Opacity by tool
Project 1 DVD or CD COVER AND LABEL
- 300 dpi
- From Templates
- CMYK Color
- two PSD with layers
- File Names to include your name
- Images from clip art or created
- CD project:
- Noise Violation 2: Reprobates
- The Spring 2010 Music 275 compilation album
- DVD Project:
- Student Video Expo (SVE) 2010
- "Under 5 minutes and Awesome"
- Must use Orange Cow